For those without knitting or crocheting supplies but would like to make a difference, please consider writing a letter to send some love to the elderly. All letters will be collected and sent to the Love For The Elderly organization. We love the organization's mission and hope to help fight loneliness, an issue that is frequently overlooked. Please go under our Projects tab for more details on how to write a letter.
If you would prefer to type out a letter, please fill out the form and we will help to write your letter! https://forms.gle/ebxZEAKHMED6VHN58
Thank you! - Knitting, ILY Board
For our first project, we are supporting the Snuggles Project by knitting blankets for local animal shelters. The following are the guidelines for donation from the Snuggles Project:
- 14” x 14” for cats and small animals
- 24” x 24” for cats and small to medium dogs
- 36” x 36” for medium to large dogs
- They could be made out of acrylic yarn or cotton in any pattern or color that you choose.
- The ends should be double-knotted and fastened off long and woven through the work to prevent unraveling from washing and wear.
- We also accept donations of WASHED towels/blankets! Please contact us about these donations through email or the form on the home page.
We are asking our volunteers to knit either one 14'' x 14'' blanket or 6'' x 6'' squares (3-4 of them) to knit together into a patchwork blanket by the end of the month of July. For every 6'' x 6'' square constitutes a project!
Please send us a picture of your final product! We will get in contact with you to pick up your finished projects/donations!
Thank you - Knitting, ILY Board
For beginners, consider the links below if you need help:
For more information about the Snuggles Project, check the links below:
We got featured in Feed the Children's 12 Ways of Giving campaign video:
Check out the article written about us by Chicago Parent: https://www.chicagoparent.com/learn/arts-culture/knitting-ily/
Hear what's new here at Knitting, ILY! Everything from new projects to new updates can be found here!