For our first project, we are supporting the Snuggles Project by knitting blankets for local animal shelters. The following are the guidelines for donation from the Snuggles Project:
- 14” x 14” for cats and small animals
- 24” x 24” for cats and small to medium dogs
- 36” x 36” for medium to large dogs
- They could be made out of acrylic yarn or cotton in any pattern or color that you choose.
- The ends should be double-knotted and fastened off long and woven through the work to prevent unraveling from washing and wear.
- We also accept donations of WASHED towels/blankets! Please contact us about these donations through email or the form on the home page.
We are asking our volunteers to knit either one 14'' x 14'' blanket or 6'' x 6'' squares (3-4 of them) to knit together into a patchwork blanket by the end of the month of July. For every 6'' x 6'' square constitutes a project!
Please send us a picture of your final product! We will get in contact with you to pick up your finished projects/donations!
Thank you - Knitting, ILY Board
For beginners, consider the links below if you need help:
For more information about the Snuggles Project, check the links below:
Check out the article written about us by Chicago Parent: https://www.chicagoparent.com/learn/arts-culture/knitting-ily/
Hear what's new here at Knitting, ILY! Everything from new projects to new members can be found here.